Test your knowledge of Bridges and Castles in Scotland (answers at the bottom of page)
1. Scottish Castles & yoga poses "What is great in a yogi is that he/she is a bridge and not a goal"
1. An usual angle on this castle also known as a Palace!
3. The triangle shape of this castle is very unique!
2. A modern day castle popular for weddings in Central Scotland
4. Romantic castle ruin in the middle of a little loch.
5. Where on airth could this be?
6. On the Firth of Forth....
7. A stunning get away to this one...
8. Clue in the mountain to the left and it's on an island!
10. There a very small but great clue in the background!
9. Same island, different castle!
11. A family Highland Castle.
12. This castle has a unique star shaped perimeter wall
13. A very Royal castle in the Highlands...
14. Next to Scotland most famous Loch...
15. Not strictly known as a castle but looks like one. There's a very good clue in the long necked creature you can spot in the background!
16. A castle along the Fife Coast....
17. A different take on this very well known Scottish castle!
18. Iconic Scottish castle epitomised in lego - can you identify it?
19. Deliberately in monochrome as this Castle is also known as 'Castle Gloom'
20. Don't get caught out at this castle - lots of police around!
21. Home to the filming of 'Outlander' & a Monty Python film
22. A Castle with a view of Bass Rock
23. A medieval fortress and castle near Nth Berwick
24. This impressive castle overlooking the Firth of Forth was commissioned and overseen by a woman in 1460.
26. A Castle with a stunning view of Loch Awe.
25. A saintly castle on the East coast.
27. This is a castle home with a significant history, situated on an island - it's the ancestoral home of the 'Father of Australia' - Lachlan Macquerie.
29. A small ruined castle located on a hill north of a port town on the West Coast - best viewed from a boat in the harbour!
31. This castle hotel is located on a headland and overlooks the Atlantic Ocean. On a clear day the Outer Hebrides and Islands of Uist, Rùm and Canna can be viewed from here.
28. A charming derelict castle - great if you're looking to 'kill' some time!
30. This castle is the seat of Clan MacLean on the second-largest island of the Inner Hebrides.
32.This castle house is surrounded by many many different animals.
33. This picturesque tower you can find in the middle of a housing estate in the Forth Valley area and the neighbours kindly lend you their dog for a pic ;-)
34. Another magnificent imposing tower in the Forth Valley area.
35. This castle is situated close by to a chapel made famous in the book The Da Vinci code.
36. This now derelict castle in the Forth Valley once was the seat for Clan Forrester.
37. Somewhere in central Scotland this castle was home to Sir William Alexander, 1st Earl of Stirling, who was instrumental in founding the colony of Nova Scotia.
38. The newer front of this Castle based in a University Campus...hills in the background a clue!
40. Beautiful Castle hotel near Peebles.
38. The older part of the Castle based in a University Campus.
39. This castle like structure in the background, is known as a Palace has the oldest surviving real (or royal) tennis court in the world and the statue in the foreground I'm next to appeared in the Outlander series.
2. Scottish bridges & yoga poses "Train your mind to see the good in every situation"
1. Just 'Potter-ing' around this one...
2. (there's a clue in what I'm wearing)
3. (Yes I was doing the NYD loony dook!)
4. Am I at the grinning or the greetin' side of this bridge?
5. a really cool viaduct
6. A bridge that my kids say leads to 'beach island'!
7. Scotlands well known 3 Bridges...
8. The green mounds in the background are a good clue, this funky bridge is in a park named after a planet....where am I?
10. A tricky one, this bridge has a 2-digit number as its name as well as a cafe/bistro next door named after it and it's on a canal....?
9. This Bridge had a major train station beneath it...
11. A long road bridge this one.....
12. and a long.... rail bridge taken from an iconic museum opened in 2018 in a major Scottish city..
13. A charismatic rickety bridge into a Bird reserve on a well known sunny coast of Scotland
14. Near a train station in a Scottish City beginning with S!
15. A cantilever bridge on the West Coast...
16. Converted train line over this viaduct with a view of the glen below it!
17. On the oldest suspension bridge still carrying road traffic in the UK....
18. A rather unassuming bridge across the Firth of Forth.
19. The first road crossing built across the River Forth - swing bridge section no longer in use for boats.
20. This Bridge was key in a battle of the First War of Scottish Independence in 1297.
21. Bridge under a bridge in a walk known as Maspie Den - but in which Scottish place is it?
Answers: Castles: 1.Linlithgow Palace, Linlithgow 2.Glenskirle castle hotel, Bonnybridge 3.Caerlaverock Castle, Dumfries 4.Loch an Eileen castle, Aviemore 5.Airth Castle, Airth 6.Blackness Castle, Blackness 7.Stobo Castle Spa, Peebles 8. Brodick Castle, Isle of Arran. 9. Lochranza Castle, Isle of Arran.10. Stirling Castle. 11. Braemar Castle. 12. Corgarff Castle, Aberdeenshire. 13.Balmoral Castle, Highlands. 14. Urquhart Castle, Loch Ness. 15. Drummond House Blair Drummond Safari Park, Stirling. 16. Aberdour Castle, Fife. 17. Edinburgh Castle. 18. Eilean Donan castle. 19. Castle Campbell, Dollar. 20. Tulliallan Castle, Fife. 21. Doune Castle near Stirling. 22. Tantallon castle, Nth Berwick.. 23. Dirleton Castle, Dirleton. 24. Ravenscraig Castle, Kirkcaldy. 25. St Andrews Castle. 26. Castle Kilchurn, Loch Etive. 27. Macquerie House, Isle of Mull. 28. Finlarig Castle, near Killin. 29. Dunollie Castle, Oban. 3o. Duart Castle, Isle of Mull. 31. Glengorm Castle, Isle of Mull. 32. Edinburgh Zoo. 33. Alloa Tower, Alloa. 34. Clacks Tower. 35. Roslin Castle. 36. Torwood Castle, Torwood. 37. Menstrie Castle, near Stirling. 38. Airthrey Castle onsite at the University of Stirling. 39. Falkland Palace. 40. Barony Castle hotel, Peebles. Bridges: 1.Glennfinnan Viaduct 2.Kirroughtree Mountain biking route, Dumfries 3.Forth Rail Bridge, South Queensferry 4.Laughin Greetin Bridge, Glen Village, Falkirk 5.Aquaduct, Muiravonside, Falkirk. 6. Lossiemouth beach bridge. 7. the Queensferry Crossing (far left). 8. Jupiter Artland, Livingston. 9. North Bridge, Edinburgh. 10. Bridge 49, Falkirk/Linlithgow. 11. Tay Road bridge, Dundee. 12. Tay Rail bridge, Dundee. 13. Aberlady Bird Reserve bridge. 14. 14. Stirling train station bridge. 15. Connel Bridge, edge of Loch Etive near Oban. 16. The Glen Ogle viaduct (near Killin). 17. Union Bridge (Tweed) aka the Chain Bridge borders England and Scotland. 18. Clackmannanshire Bridge. 19. Kincardine Bridge. 20. Stirling Bridge, Stirling. 21. Bridge in the Maspie Den, Falkland.